The Google Nexus One certainly had many people drooling at its impending release slightly more than a year ago, where it remained the top end Android-powered handset for some time to come before other manufacturers churned out even more powerful models. Well, on the other hand, most of the newer Android updates always arrived on the Nexus One first before others – and for good reason, too. Well, the Nexus One has been slated to receive the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update Over The Air (OTA) in the “coming weeks” according to an official tweet, which is always better than a few months. We don’t foresee it hitting the air before 2010 is over though, so expect some Gingerbread lovin’ in 2011 instead.
Next Story: Meizu M9 Taken Apart
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2011-11-27: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread headed to Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- 2011-11-04: Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread is now the dominant Android version
- 2011-02-23: Google Gingerbread rolling out to Nexus One and Nexus S
- 2010-11-23: Google Nexus One first to receive Android 2.3 Gingerbread?
- 2010-12-06: Nexus One Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update Happening in a Few Weeks