Google seems intent to get in on the social networking game and whispers are going around that the search giant has a social networking project in the works. Originally rumored to be called “Emerald City”, it’s been “confirmed” by several tipsters that the project is in fact called “Emerald Sea”. The service will apparently be a social layer that spreads across the majority of Google’s properties and it’s currently in the midst of being tested within the company. Considering how large Facebook has become in just a few years, it’s not surprising to hear that Google wants a larger slice of the social networking pie too.
Next Story: Street-legal TRON Lightcycle Costs $55,000
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-07-19: Google+ ads on Facebook banned
- 2011-03-30: Google introduces the +1 button
- 2011-03-30: Google +1, Going From Relevancy to Popularity?