For those who were wondering on whether HP will be rolling out additional Palm smartphones in 2011, a recent casting call does deliver additional insight, where a couple of different ads for performers for “HP Palm Phones” were posted to the DirectCast site. Apparently, they want young people with a good sense of style, and are clearly adamant against “CORPORATE LOOKING PEOPLE.” Apart from that, the casting page does include additional information like “HP PALM. the Broadway, the Manta, the Topaz.” These names have been bandied about before, with Broadway being a phone that many have come to regard as the Pixi 2, while the Topaz has been a pet favorite of the PalmPad, with Mantaray appearing in webOS 2.0 source code earlier in the year. Since 2011 is not all that far away, we will just play the waiting game with this news.
Next Story: Intel Solid State Drive 310 is tiny
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2013-02-25 LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2011-02-04 Verizon Palm Pre 2 has a release date
- 2011-02-03 Palm teases about upcoming webOS event
- 2011-01-24 HP Topaz specs leaked
- 2011-01-17 HP hints that webOS-powered netbook on the way?