DigiTimes is reporting that Coretronic will supply LG Display and Chimei Innolux with backlights for the next generation iPad 2 displays. Mention of a backlighting unit from Coretronic rules out any hope that Apple would switch over to an AMOLED display technology. In the past, Steve Jobs has stated that AMOLED displays did not perform well enough for the company, and Apple had opted for an IPS Retina Display on the iPhone for sharper resolution and more natural color reproduction. If Digitimes’s report is accurate, an LCD/LED display would be coming on the second generation iPad. The question still lingers on if the device will get a high resolution Retina Display.
Next Story: Yahoo Gets Local
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-02-08: Apple Mysteriously Hires AMOLED Expert From LG
- 2012-03-05: Retina display spotted in iPad 3 event banner
- 2011-11-22: iPad 3 will be thinner, sports Retina Display