Reports are in that Foxconn will be shipping Apple’s iPad 2 in the next 100 days, with the initial shipments slated to range from 400,000 to 600,000 units. Foxconn has unsurprisingly declined to comment on the issue. Sources have also indicated that the iPad 2 will be shipping as early as February 2011, even though Apple originally planned to start mass production in January. The slight delay was apparently due to the news that the device’s firmware is still in the midst of being tested. Hopefully the reports are accurate as we’re looking forward to see what Apple will feature in the next-generation iPad.
Next Story: Cute USB Hub Robot
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2011-09-01: Foxconn to ship 20M iPads to Apple in Q3 2011
- 2011-06-02: Foxconn iPad 2 plant reopens after accident
- 2011-01-24: Pegatron to make 10M initial iPhone 5 units