You know what some people say about the iPad – it is just an iPhone (sans phone calling capabilities) with a much larger display. Well, for iPhone owners who envy the iPad’s larger display but are more than pleased with their “superphone” (and are on a tight budget, having to choose between the two), the iPhone Screen Enlarger will certainly offer you the best of both worlds. This device might not be the next Tickle Me Elmo, but at least it is interesting enough for us to have a closer look. The name itself is pretty much self-explanatory, where it features a 7-inch low-resolution TFT display running at 480 x 234 pixels with 400:1 contrast ratio – letting you output video of a compatible iPhone or iPod touch device. As for its audio, your ears will definitely be disappointed with its 1 watt stereo speakers. Strange how the iPhone 4′s Retina Display has a much higher resolution than what is offered on the iPhone Screen Enlarger, which makes this suitable only for iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and all current iPod touch models. The $199.95 price tag will also not do it any favors, so we would recommend checking this out only if you’ve really run out of gift ideas.
Next Story: Zipbuds makes the jump from concept to reality
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2009-08-10 Waterproof iPhone Case
- 2010-09-07 Want to Control Your Brain? There's an App and Third-Party Hardware for That.
- 2010-11-02 iPhone turned into artistic tool