LG Display has unveiled its next-generation Film-type Patterned Retarder (FPR) 3D technology to LCD manufacturers such as Haier, Vizio and Toshiba. The company claims that the current generation of Shutter Glasses (SG) 3D panels has issues with the weight of the Shutter Glasses, power consumption and also reduced brightness. LG claims that its new FPR technology doesn’t have flickering, produces minimal cross talk, offers a brighter display and also allows for 3D glasses to be lighter, polarized and more curved like regular glasses, making the viewing experience more comfortable for extended viewing sessions. LG expects the new technology to form the basis of all its immediate 3D display plans and expects a number of major manufacturers to adopt this new technology too.
Next Story: Microsoft's Upcoming WP7 Update Codenamed Mango?
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: The LG L65 Is Official
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow