The Microsoft Kinect has certainly garnered quite a following in the hacking community, as many people have already come up with a variety of methods to get their kicks. Even better news recently is that the Kinect’s full potential has yet to be unleashed, as a firmware update will quadruple the total resolution, making it all the more sensitive. Until that day arrives though, we will have to be content with what peoples’ creativity can conjure, where among them include enterprising developer Nao_u who has rolled out a Virtual Reality (VR) simulation of sorts, placing himself in the shoes of a Japanese virtual pop icon. The Kinect will map his every move onto the virtual skeleton of Vocaloid’s Miku Hatsune, while wearing a pair of Vuzix VR920 LCD glasses helps him see through the diva’s eyes as well. Sounds like an interesting hack which could see future VR simulations help train one in a dangerous situation without being exposed to the actual risks.
- Rapoo 7100P Wireless Optical Mouse Announced
- Logitech Harmony Remotes To Receive Xbox One Launch Support
- Google Glass Hack Beams Grand Theft Auto GPS To Its HUD
- Archos GamePad 2 Set To Debut Soon
- Logitech Teases ‘Made For iPhone’ Game Controller
- Follow: kinect, Microsoft, virtual reality, vr,
- Seen at: adafruit