Never underestimate the power of the mind, and in what could very well be a prelude to the Shi’iar exoskeleton that Professor X wore when he and the X-Men stormed Avalon all those years ago to confront Magneto right before the latter ripped out Wolverine’s adamantium, we now have an exoskeleton from Raytheon that is powered by your thoughts. Yes sir, boffins over at the University of Chicago were experimenting with brain-computer interfaces in monkeys, where our primate friends were taught to control computer cursors using electrodes implanted in their brains. This development will go a long way in a mind-controlled exoskeleton, and it would definitely give the disabled community a whole new world of freedom if the experiment is successful, and a fully working prototype emerges.
Next Story: Dell Venue Pro delayed
- 2014-04-04 Robot Exoskeleton Allows 4-Year Old Girl Work Her Arms
- 2014-03-03 Body Suit Turns You Into Superman
- 2013-11-10 Indego Exoskeleton Helps Paralyzed Man Walk Again
- 2013-09-16 Exoskeleton Glove Created By Teen
- 2013-09-11 Robo-mate Exoskeleton Being Developed In Europe