With the Nexus S set to arrive with the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system, many Motorola Droid X users out there are wondering when they’ll be able to get hold of the update. While this is far from an official update, a video of the Motorola Droid X running an early alpha build of Gingerbread has surfaced and the phone is touted to be running a build number VZW-TestKeys-280657 and baseband version BP_C_01.09.07P. Of course, some folks also speculate that it might be a custom ROM that has been skinned to look like Android 2.3, and we can’t discount that possibility. Still, hopefully it’s a hint that the Android 2.3 update for this phone is just around the corner.
Update: It has been confirmed that this isn’t a Gingerbread update, rather an update to MotoBLUR.
Next Story: Nokia Delays E7 Release To Early 2011
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review
- 2011-08-15 Droid X Gingerbread update fix released
- 2011-05-11 Droid X Gingerbread update arriving soon?
- 2011-04-12 New Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update leaked
- 2011-03-28 Official Gingerbread update for Droid X and Droid 2 leaked
- 2011-03-24 Droid X rumored to receive Gingerbread this Sunday