With the Nexus S set to arrive with the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system, many Motorola Droid X users out there are wondering when they’ll be able to get hold of the update. While this is far from an official update, a video of the Motorola Droid X running an early alpha build of Gingerbread has surfaced and the phone is touted to be running a build number VZW-TestKeys-280657 and baseband version BP_C_01.09.07P. Of course, some folks also speculate that it might be a custom ROM that has been skinned to look like Android 2.3, and we can’t discount that possibility. Still, hopefully it’s a hint that the Android 2.3 update for this phone is just around the corner.
Update: It has been confirmed that this isn’t a Gingerbread update, rather an update to MotoBLUR.
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Follow: Android, android 2.3, droid x, gingerbread, Motorola, motorola droid x,
- Seen at: bgr