While a bunch of Motorola Droid users received the Android 2.2.1 firmware update recently, Motorola Droid X owners can rejoice knowing that it will be their turn to receive a similar update when dusk falls. Don’t expect anything groundbreaking with Android 2.2.1 though, since all you will get would probably be minor optimizations that will be primed towards Android 2.3 Gingerbread instead. If you haven’t received your Over The Air (OTA) update by tomorrow morning, then just head on to Settings, About phone, and System updates on your handset to download the latest update.
Next Story: Exploding Moto Droid 2 Was Actually Dropped?
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2010-07-27: Motorola Droid X caught running on FroYo
- 2010-11-22: Motorola Droid X owners can rock to Android 2.2.1
- 2010-12-08: Certain Droid X and Droid received Android 2.2.1 updates