The Robotics Innovation Center at DFKI Bremen has posted a video showcasing a package-handling robot using its SemProM (Semantic Product Memory) system. This robot is capable of telling the weight, contents and other details via an RFID chip within the package. The robot measures in at 175cm tall and its two arms have 7 degrees of freedom each. Stereo cameras on the robot help it locate objects while the camera on its left wrist allows it to have an even closer view when manipulating objects. Another useful feature that it has is the grippers that are capable of handling small objects.
Next Story: Bookeen Orizon e-book reader is world's thinnest
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland