Navigon for Apple’s iOS platform has been updated to version 1.70–the U.S. and Canada map edition is on sale now for $45 and the app is available as a free update for those who have previously purchased. The updated app was announced previously, but the North American and U.S. version only saw the update yesterday.
The highlight of the update is that the app is now a universal app, meaning that it will work natively on the iPhone and iPad–previously, iPad users had to scale the app up to fill the tablet’s display. Other new features of the 1.70 version of Navigon include: Active Lane Assistant, additional travel guides available as an in-app purchase, sharing stored favorites between iOS devices, and MyReport. These features are highlighted in detail after the jump.
According to the company, Active Lane Assistant will provide a realistic view of the road and will tell you which lane to be in and when so you can merge over to make it in time for the next turn. With stored Favorites, you can email saved favorites so you can transfer them between an iPhone and iPad, or any other iOS device that you use with Navigon. Crowd-sourced information is also coming to Navigon via MyReport, which allows users to report changes in traffic or routes and roadways, and the information will be checked with local experts before being integrated into Navigon’s next map update.
Yo use Navigon on an iPad, you do need an iPad WiFi + 3G model as the WiFi only version does not have the GPS chip required for navigation.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- Remote App For iOS Updated With iTunes Radio Support
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- Apple Expected To Sell 175 Million iPhones In Fiscal 2014
- Apple's Medical Experts Find Worker Death Wasn't Due To Working Conditions
- Follow: Apple Inc, GPS, iOS, iPad, iPhone, navigon,