JVC has taken the wraps off of three new Everio camcorders, the GZ-HM670, GZ-HM690, and GZ-HM450. The first two models, being higher-end options, offer a back-side illuminated 3.3-megapixel CMOS sensor for better digital still captures in dark environments while the HM450 offers a 1.5-megapixel CMOS sensor. All models sport a 40X optical zoom along with 1080p HD video capture and an SDHC memory card slot. There’s also a USB and HDMI port for connectivity. The camcorders have a 2.7-inch LCD screen and the option to automatically upload captured shots to Facebook or YouTube. The new Everios are expected in Japan in the next few days. All models will have storage ranging from 8 GB for the low-end model to 64 GB for the high-end models with prices starting at $540 and going as high as $950.
- 2014-01-07: JVC Everio Rugged And Weather-Proof Camcorders Unveiled
- 2013-07-25: JVC Unveils GC-XA2 Rugged Camera
- 2013-01-22: JVC MirrorLink Receiver Delivers Seamless Smartphone Control
- 2013-01-08: JVC GC-PX100 Camera Is Designed For Fast And Easy Handling
- 2012-10-17: JVC 3D HDTV wears the Smart TV mantle
- 2009-12-08: JVC Everio GZ-HD620 HD camcorder