The folks at Nikon have filed for a patent over in Japan for a new lens that is able to zoom manually or electronically, depending on the needs of the user. The benefit of such a system would be for folks who use movie mode and want a smoother and more controlled transition, solving the issue of recording video footage and trying to zoom manually at the same time. The function would be controlled by a zoom button on the camera body, keeping everything simple and functional.
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Microsoft Patents Kinect-like Feature For Future Smartphones/Tablets
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-01: Apple Patent Describes iPhone With Bayonet Camera Lens Mount
- 2011-09-20: Nikon 1 micro camera with interchangeable lenses
- 2011-07-12: Nikon launches new AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Lens
- 2011-07-07: iPhone SLR Mount turns your iPhone into "an SLR"