It was previously mentioned that the NFC chip within the upcoming Nexus S smartphone would only support read functions. NXP has since reached out to us to clarify that the NFC chip itself supports both read and writes. However the current developer kit (SDK) only allows developers to *read* Tags. The first version of the NFC API documentation is already in the Android 2.3 SDK and is available online. It’s good that the situation has been cleared up and we’re looking to see how much the Nexus S will be able to influence users on NFC technology when it’s launched.RELATED
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Follow: nexus s, NFC, nxp,