Word is going around that cloud gaming service OnLive and TV maker Vizio are in the midst of discussing separate deals for subscription movie services of their own. OnLive is apparently committed to expanding to movies via subscriptions and other business models while Vizio is unofficially believed to be in talks for content. Such a move would be a bold one for OnLive since the company is essentially branching out from its original field of offering gaming. Vizio would be making a rather interesting move since its position would allow it to be a serious entrant by already offering Netflix and Vudu and possibly challenge set-top boxes like Apple TV. With Sony moving in the direction of streaming with the recent launch of its Qriocity service, it’ll be interesting to see where we’re headed in terms of content delivery in the next few years.
- 2014-01-08: Vizio's 4K Televisions Priced As Low As $999.99
- 2014-01-06: VIZIO Announces P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV Range
- 2013-08-05: VIZIO Next Generation Smart TV Platform Unveiled
- 2013-06-20: Vizio MT11X-A1 Windows 8 Tablet Ships For $600
- 2013-06-13: VIZIO Launches 80-Inch Razor LED Smart TV For $4000