The folks over at Other World Computing are now offering a 3TB drive option for its 27-inch iMac upgrades, allowing users to have up to three times more internal storage than offered on current stock iMacs. The upgrade will still leave room for up to two SSD drives to be installed in place of the optical drive and the company also offers an option to replace the stock hard drive with up to three SSDs of up to 480GB each without losing the optical drive. You’ll need to go ahead with the addition of an eSATA external port in order to make use of the 3TB upgrade option and the company promises a 48-hour turnaround time. Would you go for such a solution to bump the storage on your iMac, or would you just go for the simpler external drive solution?
Next Story: Event Time Zones For Google Calendar
- 2014-04-10: Low Cost iMac, 12-Inch Retina MacBook Air Expected This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2013-12-05: Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- 2013-10-29: Man Files Class-Action Lawsuit Against Apple Over Failing 27" iMac Displays
- 2012-12-07: Apple US Mac Production Including American-Built Components
- 2012-10-23: New iMac is razor thin, impressive!
- 2012-07-03: iMac to receive Retina Display as well?
- 2012-05-14: iMacs to get Ivy Bridge processors spotted in benchmark tests
- 2010-08-02: External eSATA Port on an Apple iMac