Pixel Qi displays are well known for their impressive performance in the sunlight, but one of the issues attributed to this display is its scarcity. That might change in the future as Pixel Qi and CPT have announced a manufacturing partnership, confirming that the companies are developing three new screens of various sizes that will reach the market sometime in 2011. The companies have already been working together quietly in the fall and they have already come up with samples of a 7-inch 1024 x 600 pixel resolution display that is slated for mass production in early Q2 of 2011. Said display will be shown off at the upcoming CES 2011 event, which is just around the corner. Hopefully this move will result in us seeing more devices featuring the fancy displays from Pixel Qi.
Next Story: SuperSpeed USB 3.0 drive to hit 400MB/s?
- 2013-12-02: Dell Has A 24" UHD Display Revealed On Website
- 2013-03-08: Sol Computers Rolls Out Sunlight Readable USB Monitor
- 2012-04-29: Sol Computer netbook is one tough cookie
- 2012-04-23: Pixel Qi; Possible Competition to the New iPads Retina Display?
- 2012-04-02: Pixel Qi now on a dozen devices
- 2011-09-13: Sol Computers deliver netbook and tablet with Pixel Qi displays
- 2011-05-31: Pixel Qi parades new display screens
- 2009-05-12: Pixel Qi Working On a Low Power E-ink/LCD Hybrid Color Display
- 2009-12-07: Pixel Qi initial display batch
- 2010-10-02: Mirasol Low-power Displays Delayed Till 2011