Trademark filings don’t necessarily translate into final product names, but folks have noticed a Sony Ericsson EU trademark registration for the Xperia Play and the company’s PR firm has registered various Xperia Play domain names, such as XperiaPlay.com, .net, and .org. Truth be told, the Xperia Play doesn’t sound like a bad name for the PlayStation Phone, though the PlayStation branding would be very useful too. With CES just around the corner, hopefully we’ll be able to find out something about the phone then.
Update: This will be unveiled not at CES next month, but at Mobile World Congress that is happening in Barcelona next February.
Next Story: LÃ«kki delivers Nokia 3210 in modern colors
- 2014-04-17 Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-03-26 Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23 Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23 Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”
- 2011-03-08 Sony Ericsson Xperia Play available on eBay
- 2011-01-10 Xperia Play PlayStation Phone caught on video running PlayStation games
- 2011-01-04 Xperia Play PlayStation Phone sighted again