Reports are in from folks who claim to have hands-on experience with Sony’s (rumored) upcoming PSP2. The source gives some credibility to the previous rumored feature set that it will include dual analog sliders, a UMD-less PSPgo-style slider design and a rear-mounted touch panel, touchscreen display, and front- and rear-facing cameras. The juicy part is that the processor could apparently be “just over half as powerful as the PS3″ and should be capable of producing graphics comparable to early PS3 titles. There isn’t any doubt that the lower resolution of the display will go some way to help minimizing the quality gap between both consoles. It’s been said that Sony is aiming to allow developers to port or custom-tailor PS3 titles for use on the handheld, and some folks are even dreaming of a ubiquitous gameplay experience that could sync seamlessly between the console and handheld.
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2011-01-13: Is the PSP2 as powerful as the PS3?