[CES 2011] Sharp looks like it’s planning to increase the tablet competition stateside as the company has announced that it will be bringing its Galapagos Android tablets over. These tablets are being sold over in Japan and were previously rumored to arrive during the holidays, which never happened. Of course, we seem to be rewarded for our patience, since it’ll finally be arriving and it should be available in 5-inch and 10-inch sizes. The tablets will be available in 3G versions, instead of the Wi-Fi-only versions that are available in Japan. You can expect Sharp to have these tablets on display at CES 2011 next week.
Editor’s note: interestingly, the model was named ”Galapagos” because, just like select animal species that can be seen only in the Galapagos island, this device was originally intended only for the Japanese market.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- Follow: CES, ces 2011, galapagos, sharp, sharp galapagos,