[CES 2011] Sharp looks like it’s planning to increase the tablet competition stateside as the company has announced that it will be bringing its Galapagos Android tablets over. These tablets are being sold over in Japan and were previously rumored to arrive during the holidays, which never happened. Of course, we seem to be rewarded for our patience, since it’ll finally be arriving and it should be available in 5-inch and 10-inch sizes. The tablets will be available in 3G versions, instead of the Wi-Fi-only versions that are available in Japan. You can expect Sharp to have these tablets on display at CES 2011 next week.
Editor’s note: interestingly, the model was named ”Galapagos” because, just like select animal species that can be seen only in the Galapagos island, this device was originally intended only for the Japanese market.
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-06: New Sharp Aquos TVs Go On Sale In The US
- 2014-01-22: Sharp Introduces Aquos Mini SHL24
- 2014-01-16: Sharp Announces 15.6" Windows 8.1 Tablet
- 2014-01-06: Sharp Unveils New 8K Television Systems
- 2011-07-15: Sharp Galapagos tablets to receive Android 2.3 Gingerbread update
- 2011-06-30: Another Sharp Galapagos tablet goes through the FCC
- 2011-01-11: NTT announces DoCoMo SH07C Galapagos tablet
- 2010-09-27: Sharp 5.5- And 10.8-inch Galapagos Tablets Announced
- 2010-11-04: Sharp Galapagos 003SH And 005SH Glasses-free 3D Phones For Japan