Hertz will be offering the Smart Fourtwo all electric car for rent in select markets starting next week. Eco-conscious renters in New York, San Francisco, and Washington DC can start renting the vehicle starting on December 15th. The Smart Fourtwo rental joins Hertz’s green initiative following announcements that the car rental company would support the Nissan Leaf and the CODA.
Hertz is forming partnerships with manufacturers, charging station providers, municipalities, NGO’s, corporations and other stakeholders. To-date, the company has ordered vehicles from CODA, Nissan, and smart USA, and has signed an agreement with NRG Energy Inc. to support development of a charging infrastructure and services for electric vehicles (EV) in Texas.
There’s no word on when all-electric vehicles will be available from Hertz for rent in other markets.
- 2013-11-22: Who Needs Google Glass When You Can Have The Sony Smart Wig?
- 2013-11-01: Smart Glasses Use High Contrast Images To Help The Blind See
- 2013-03-29: Smart Herb Garden Grows Herbs, Vegetables Without Sun Or Soil
- 2012-10-01: Smart ForStars concept car has built-in projector
- 2012-04-18: eBall sees cars used as controllers in Pong clone
- 2011-09-16: Marriott Waikiki gets EV charging station
- 2010-08-16: Tata Motors to offer new electric vehicles in Europe next year
- 2010-10-25: Wireless Charging Systems For Electric Vehicles Being Developed