Hertz will be offering the Smart Fourtwo all electric car for rent in select markets starting next week. Eco-conscious renters in New York, San Francisco, and Washington DC can start renting the vehicle starting on December 15th. The Smart Fourtwo rental joins Hertz’s green initiative following announcements that the car rental company would support the Nissan Leaf and the CODA.
Hertz is forming partnerships with manufacturers, charging station providers, municipalities, NGO’s, corporations and other stakeholders. To-date, the company has ordered vehicles from CODA, Nissan, and smart USA, and has signed an agreement with NRG Energy Inc. to support development of a charging infrastructure and services for electric vehicles (EV) in Texas.
There’s no word on when all-electric vehicles will be available from Hertz for rent in other markets.RELATED
- Nokia's New Video Highlights How The Lumia 1520 Was Made Using Recycled CDs
- Fairphone To Start Shipping Later This Month
- Luna Ring Harvests Solar Energy On Moon For Use On Earth
- Shama-Shades Are Solar-Powered Sunnies
- Woosh Water Station Takes A Second Look At Drinking Fountain
- Follow: electric vehicles, ev, smart,
- Seen at: engadget