Mobile World Congress 2011 looks increasingly set to be the platform where Sony Ericsson will announce the long anticipated PlayStation Phone, temporarily suspected to be known as the Xperia Play. This means we won’t be able to have a look at it at CES 2011 in just a fortnight’s time, but that’s no big deal, as there will be tons of other consumer electronics news coverage to worry about then. Here’s another snippet of news that will deliver a blow to folks expecting to play the latest games on the PlayStation Phone next February – it will not arrive in the markets at least until April next year, and that also in the UK alone. Rumors point towards a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 processor, 512MB RAM, 1GB ROM, and a fairly reasonably-sized display for your phone and gaming needs.
Next Story: PlayStation Phone to be called the Xperia Play?
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-02-26: Ubuntu Phones Will Hit The Market This Fall
- 2011-02-14: Xperia Play Hands-on
- 2011-02-13: Sony Ericsson unveils the Xperia neo
- 2011-02-06: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets unveiled at MWC 2011
- 2011-01-19: PSP2 on Jan 27th and PlayStation Phone at MWC 2011?
- 2010-12-23: Sony Ericsson to deliver new Xperia handsets at MWC 2011