While the Sony Ericsson Yendo was announced earlier this year in June right after several promotional images were leaked, it seems as though Sony Ericsson might have gone ahead of themselves by rushing such an announcement. After all, Dutch mobile news site NieuweMobiel just received official word from Sony Ericsson’s Ben Padley that the handset’s release date has been pushed back all the way until February next year, citing dissatisfaction with the handset’s software for the delay. This will not be a localized issue, as the delay is worldwide, making us wonder just how much of a (negative) impact it will make on sales. After all, this is the first touchscreen-touting Walkman phone if it ever arrives, despite being rather low-end on the specifications. A poor man’s iPhone, perhaps?
Next Story: Ubuntu runs on Google Cr-48 laptop
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-08-26: Sony Ericsson Nozomi could be next flagship
- 2011-08-25: Sony Ericsson announces Android Gingerbread update for Xperia range
- 2011-07-12: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play hands-on
- 2011-07-06: Sony Ericsson txt pro CK15a survives the FCC
- 2011-06-10: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play going for just $0.01 on Amazon Wireless