Solar panels will be a great source of energy in the future, but the problem has always been that it looks fairly ugly. Now Sony has demonstrated new dye-sensitized solar cells to gather energy at Eco Product 2010. The panel is dubbed Hana Mado (Flower Power) and uses screen printing to generate custom designs according to the customer’s preferences, something that will be welcome in most home owners who want a good-looking eco-friendly home. If Sony can ensure that these panels are efficient and cost-effective enough to market, we might all have such solar panels in our homes sometime soon. Video after the jump.
- Nokia's New Video Highlights How The Lumia 1520 Was Made Using Recycled CDs
- Fairphone To Start Shipping Later This Month
- Luna Ring Harvests Solar Energy On Moon For Use On Earth
- Shama-Shades Are Solar-Powered Sunnies
- Woosh Water Station Takes A Second Look At Drinking Fountain
- Follow: eco, Solar, Sony,
- Seen at: ecofriend.org