A recent patent filing suggests that Sony might be looking to bring the translucent mirror technology from its Alpha A33 and A55 to a more compact camera body. The patent shows a smaller camera with the technology that allows for faster focusing in a mirrored camera and does away with the optical viewfinder used in Alpha cameras. The mirror might even have dynamic reflectivity, allowing it to control the amount of light going in to trigger the autofocus sensor in low light conditions. Of course, a patent filing doesn’t mean that it will be turned into a product anytime soon, but we can continue to hope.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-01-03: Sony Patent Describes Method Of Revitalizing Classic PS Games Through Streaming
- 2013-08-08: Sony Patent Hints At Plans For More Transparent Camera Designs