While the world is busying itself with eBook readers such as the Kindle and Nook, Sony has happily announced that its Reader electronic eBook reader has been selling well in Japan. According to the company, the best selling model is the Reader Touch Edition, a model that offers a 6-inch electronic paper display. Sony didn’t offer specific sales volumes but stated that the Touch Edition has almost been sold out. On the other hand, Sony seems to have enough stock of the Reader Pocket Edition which features a 5-inch electronic paper display. In a world where the Kindle, Nook and iPad seem to dominate the eBook scene, it’s good to see Sony getting some good sales too.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2010-07-05: Sony slashes Reader pricing
- 2010-08-13: Sony to out new Reader devices in due time
- 2010-08-19: Sony's Upcoming Readers Pictured?