While the world is busying itself with eBook readers such as the Kindle and Nook, Sony has happily announced that its Reader electronic eBook reader has been selling well in Japan. According to the company, the best selling model is the Reader Touch Edition, a model that offers a 6-inch electronic paper display. Sony didn’t offer specific sales volumes but stated that the Touch Edition has almost been sold out. On the other hand, Sony seems to have enough stock of the Reader Pocket Edition which features a 5-inch electronic paper display. In a world where the Kindle, Nook and iPad seem to dominate the eBook scene, it’s good to see Sony getting some good sales too.
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2010-07-05 Sony slashes Reader pricing
- 2010-08-13 Sony to out new Reader devices in due time
- 2010-08-19 Sony's Upcoming Readers Pictured?