Despite the fact that an American court has deemed Xbox jailbreaking illegal despite recent changes to the U.S. DMCA laws, a Spanish court is now ruling that jailbreaking of Sony’s PlayStation gaming console is legal. In Spain, it is now legal to sell, advertise, or own PS3 jailbreaking products. Game makers and console creators, like Sony, are reluctant to allow consumers to jailbreak their devices out of fear of piracy, but jailbreak does give consumers other options as well not natively allowed by the console box, such as the ability to back up and play backed up games. Sony has two days left to appeal the decision of the Spanish court.
- 2014-04-24 MGS 5: Ground Zeroes Platform Exclusive Content Will Be Opened For All
- 2014-02-17 PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04 Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03 PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21 PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2011-03-18 PlayStation 3 version 3.6 firmware jailbroken
- 2011-02-08 Sony strikes out at the PS3 hacking community again