Now what on earth are you going to do with a ball that can be controlled by a smartphone? Well, to put it simply, this could very well be the rubber ball for the 21st century. After all, isn’t the ball one of the timeless and most universal of toys? You can virtually play a whole lot of games with it, ranging from kicking to throwing and what not. Sphero won’t be that tough-as-nails though, since it will still carry sensitive electronic parts inside as it will need to stay in touch with your smartphone via Bluetooth. You control the Sphero using the handset’s tilt sensor, steering as it rolls around a flat surface. Up next, a car-controlling phone ala James Bond and his BMW 750iL.
Next Story: 60beat iPhone heart rate monitor
- 2013-07-04 Will.i.am Thinks Of SmartDog Sales This Christmas
- 2013-04-22 Kidswalker NT Has Your Child Piloting Their Own Drill-Equipped Mech
- 2012-07-13 Check out Red5's Spy Hawk: a remote control spy plane
- 2012-01-05 Steve Jobs toy makers threatened by Apple?
- 2011-11-22 Beary Happi has an iPhone for a face