For those of you who were wondering about whether Spotify will ever make it to the US, fret not – the CEO of the company (and co-founder), Daniel Ek, did mention that they plan to roll out the music streaming service Stateside but stopped short of coming up with a clear release date. On the other hand, he let slip that the Spotify service will cost you a tenner each month. One of the reasons for the delay would be the nature of the service, which will require “complex deals” with recording companies. Well, we can only adopt a wait-and-see attitude for the moment.
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]
- 2013-03-12: Spotify Has Over 24 Million Active Users, 6 Million Paying Subscribers
- 2013-02-08: Spotify Beta Pumping Out Tunes On Windows Phone 8 Today
- 2011-06-11: Spotify one step closer to arriving in the US?