Some of the things that go on in Japan are just mouth-watering and if you happen to be there sometime next year and hail a taxi, you might be in for a little surprise. Turns out that taxi operators and DoCoMo have started a partnership that will see 820 vehicles equipped with onboard free Wi-Fi and 100 of them even have a PSPgo for customers to toy around with. The service is currently in testing and should be available starting March 2011. Considering that we aren’t exactly fond of being disconnected from the Internet, this is definitely a welcome development.
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2013-09-10: Japan Taxis To Get Lost Property Detector System
- 2013-02-05: TomTom Launches TomTomTaxi iPhone App For Taxi Hailing Service
- 2011-11-15: DoCoMo to Apple: Y U NO GIVE US IPHONE?!
- 2011-11-10: Taxi of Tomorrow to arrive in New York come 2013
- 2011-10-11: Nokia and Taiwan Taxi create world's first NFC taxi booking service
- 2011-10-05: nottv is smartphone only TV channel
- 2011-05-03: London taxis mobile-friendly thanks to Vodafone