The Times Square ball drop on New Year’s Eve is getting a modern makeover with official apps for Android and iPhone smartphones. The app will allow users to monitor the countdown on their phones and watch a live stream of the action. There’s also integration with the ball drop, giving users the ability to “interact” with the time-honored tradition. App users can now upload a photo with the app that can get pushed to one of the Toshiba-operated displays in Times Square for all to see. Other extras include the ability to send a postcard, browse the news and weather, explore the history surrounding New York City, and support for Foursquare and Facebook Places check-ins.
- Samsung SM-N7505 Listing Spotted Online
- On Device: WhatsApp Overtakes Facebook, Is Leading Mobile Messaging Service Now
- Windows Phone 8 Users To Get Mega Cloud Storage Too
- PingPong: Simple, Interactive, Free Q&A App For Teachers
- XOLO Q500 Is Powered By Qualcomm's Snapdragon Chipset
- Follow: Android, app, iOS, iPhone,
- Seen at: