Toshiba Corp is reportedly investing $1.19 billion to build a factory to produce LCD panels for Apple’s iPhone. The timing of the factory could mean that Toshiba-produced displays could appear in Apple’s iPhone 6. The factory, which will be constructed early 2011, will begin volume production in the second half of 2011 making the displays produced by Toshiba Mobile Display Co late to the launch of Apple’s iPhone 5, but still place it in time for a mid-year 2012 launch of the iPhone 6. The factory would produce low-temperature polysilicon LCD panels, though details were not available on the resolution of the screen.
Next Story: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Breaks Sales Record
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2011-02-01: Could this be the iPad 2 screen?
- 2010-11-30: 3D Comes to iPad Without Special Glasses, Screens
- 2010-12-17: News Corp iPad Daily News App Coming January with 3D