Toshiba is busy working on a eco-friendly green copy machine that is capable of producing printouts that can be erased. The printed documents can be easily turned blank by heating them with a special device. The magic is due to a special toner that is used, and it loses its color when heated. These printouts can be reused at least five times, resulting in a 60% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions. The copier is capable of making 20 to 30 copies a minute, though it will cost more than conventional copiers by about 20% to 30%. Toshiba is planning on commercializing the copy machines sometime between October 2011 and March 2012 and will target businesses and governments.
Next Story: C-Water concept delivers fresh water
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter