There are some of us who just can’t be with family due to work commitments or some other reason. Now the folks at Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam have put together a fancy recognition app that allows Skype callers to control custom-built mechanical dolls with head movements. The ad agency put five such dolls around a table and allowed visitors of the Virtual Holiday Dinner site reserve 15-minute slots to sit around the table with friends and family. It’s not going to beat real dinner appointments anytime soon, but it’s definitely a brand booster and something cool to check out. Video after the jump.
- Knightscope Robot Security Guards May Replace Human Guards One Day
- Andy Rubin To Head Up Google's New Robots Division
- Prototype Robotic “Heart” Runs Off Urine
- K5 Autonomous Data Machine Is A 300-Pound Crime Fighting Robot
- MOSS Robot Kit Helps You Get Started Even Without Having A Clue
- Follow: robot,
- Seen at: gizmodo