It’s taken some time to arrive and now it’s finally here. We’re talking about the arrival of the Nissan Leaf electric vehicle. The first unit was purchased by Olivier Chalouhi from the San Francisco Bay Area and the vehicle will be arriving across the other launch markets of Arizona, Southern California, Oregon, Seattle, and Tennessee. In case you didn’t book your Leaf fast enough, the good news is that a second batch of Nissan’s all-electric hatchbacks is coming on December 20th, which is just about a week away and Nissan is promising a nationwide US launch for 2012. With green technology becoming increasingly important in this day and age, it’s good to see the Nissan Leaf finally arrive and hopefully it will spur the adoption of electric vehicles. Video after the jump.
- Scientists Come Up With A Way To Beam Power From Transmitters To Electric Vehicles
- Tesla Hires Former Apple Employee, Doug Field
- Desperado E-bike Sports Two Motors And Top Speed Of 80km/h
- BMW i3 Gets Range Extender Option
- Toyota Plug-In Prius To Receive Price Cut
- Follow: electric vehicle, nissan, nissan leaf,
- Seen at: sfgate