YouTube is launching its TrueView ad platform, which advertisers approve of, that will allow users to skip over ads that they are not interested in. The format is new to YouTube, which in the past have embedded banner ads that viewers can minimize. With TrueView, users are forced to watch the first 5 seconds of an ad, after which they can skip and return to their video. Another component of TrueView is that it will let users choose, for some videos, between three different pre-roll ads that’s similar in concept to what Hulu has been doing.RELATED
- Pharrell Launches 24-Hour Interactive Music Video For 'Happy'
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- YouTube Commenters Invade Conan To Yell Random Things At Him
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Google Street View Takes Us Through The Canals, Streets Of Venice, Italy
- Follow: ads, streaming video, YouTube,
- Seen at: techcrunch