The Zephyr is an impressive solar-powered drone that recently completed 7-days in the air and more. Now the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI) has confirmed that the drone has completed its record-breaking flight by being 2 weeks in the air (336 hours). The Zephyr also beat other records for flight duration for a UAV of its class, and the altitude record for its class at 21,562 meters. Not too bad for a solar-powered drone. Next step: taking over the world.
Next Story: Windows: Little Big Planet Edition
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth