Verizon subscribers who are looking for some 4G tablet action on the carrier will be happy to hear that Acer has introduced one of the first 4G tablets for Verizon’s 4G LTE network, namely the Iconia Tab A500. This tablet will use the latest version of Android, which probably means Android 3.0 Honeycomb, though it will be laced with Acer’s custom user interface on top. Under the hood, it’ll be powered by NVIDIA’s dual-core 1GHz Tegra 2 chip and also offer support 1080p video through HDMI output. One of the standout features of this tablet will be its 10-point multi-touch display, not to mention the inclusion of a gyroscopic sensor for tilt detection. There wasn’t a concrete ship date or price for the Iconia A500, but it’s speculated that it’ll arrive in March or later.
Next Story: Samsung SCH-i520 4G phone pictured?
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-01-08 Acer "announces" new Iconia Tab Android tablet
- 2011-01-09 Hot Wheels Video Racer Vehicle
- 2011-01-09 Acer Iconia Windows 7 laptop is the best gadget of CES 2011
- 2011-01-07 Acer liquidmini Android phone unveiled
- 2011-01-05 Acer Aspire AS8950G Flagship Notebook