We’ve been enjoying a wide selection of apps on Google’s Android Market for some time, and now it seems that we’re inching closer to another major Android app store out there, the Amazon appstore. We previously caught wind about this, so there isn’t any surprise here, but at least we know that progress is being made as Amazon has just launched the developer part of the store, inviting developers out there to submit their apps so that they will be ready when the appstore goes live, though Amazon hasn’t given a firm date on the actual launch.
One interesting fact that users will notice is that Amazon’s appstore probably operates on a closer model to Apple’s App Store than Google’s Android Market does. Google’s Android Market is pretty much open to any developers out there, but apps submitted to Amazon’s appstore will be required to go through the whole approval process and such, though Amazon promises that it will be less painful than Apple’s process. Will the approval process be a major win for Amazon? Only time will tell.RELATED
- Android 4.3 For T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Released
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Samsung Reportedly Expects To Sell 330 Million Smartphone Units Next Year
- Nokia BH-121 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Motorola Releases Active Display Update To Fix Lock Screen Lag Bug
- Follow: Amazon, amazon appstore, Android, app store,