Sometimes you really have to wonder how long it actually takes for a manufacturer and carrier to prepare an update. While Samsung Vibrant owners out there have been screaming for an Android 2.2 Froyo update for a very long time, nothing happened. After there were some nasty rumors that went around that Samsung was deliberately holding the update back, it sure didn’t take long for the update to be released. There’s no way to know if it was a move to stop the negative press, but the good news is that the update is official and it’s here and available through the Kies updater! The usual precautions are suggested before you update your phone, but we’d recommend celebrating after it’s complete.
Next Story: Laser-propelled rockets in the future?
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2011-03-11: WiFi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab arriving a little too late?
- 2011-03-07: Samsung Galaxy Pro announced
- 2011-02-16: AT&T's Samsung Captivate gets Android 2.2 Froyo but backtracks in the end
- 2011-02-08: AT&T support page points to Samsung Captivate on Froyo
- 2011-01-25: Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 Froyo update leaked?