Could Apple be moving to upstage the folks over at CES 2011? The fruity company has officially released the Mac App Store, which is a version of the popular App Store that has been tailored for Mac OS. If you’ve used the App Store on iOS devices before this, you’ll immediately feel right at home as it functions in a similar manner. Just select the app you want and it’ll immediately begin downloading, after a fancy animation that puts it in your dock.
In case you’re itching to get started and are scratching your head where to install it, the only way to install it seems to be the OS X 10.6.6 update, which can be accessed via Software Update. Will the Mac App Store become the preferred way of installing apps on your Mac in the future?
- 2014-01-30: Intel AppUp Bids Adieu
- 2014-01-07: Apple App Store Downloads Top $10 Billion
- 2013-12-16: 'No Better' Lorde Single Given Away Free By Apple
- 2013-11-26: Apple Tweaks App Store Search Engine To Disregard Spelling Mistakes
- 2013-09-17: Apple Allows Aging iOS Devices To Download Last Compatible Version Of Apps
- 2011-02-16: Windows Phone 7 Connector arrives at Mac App Store
- 2011-01-10: Kindle for Mac now available in the Mac App Store
- 2011-01-09: VLC removed from App Store, now available on Cydia
- 2011-01-06: Mac App Store apps cracked already?
- 2010-12-31: Mac App Store to provide incentive to product reviewers?