Could Apple be moving to upstage the folks over at CES 2011? The fruity company has officially released the Mac App Store, which is a version of the popular App Store that has been tailored for Mac OS. If you’ve used the App Store on iOS devices before this, you’ll immediately feel right at home as it functions in a similar manner. Just select the app you want and it’ll immediately begin downloading, after a fancy animation that puts it in your dock.
In case you’re itching to get started and are scratching your head where to install it, the only way to install it seems to be the OS X 10.6.6 update, which can be accessed via Software Update. Will the Mac App Store become the preferred way of installing apps on your Mac in the future?RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Follow: app store, Apple Inc, mac app store, official,