Corning’s Gorilla Glass is increasingly popular in mobile devices, thanks to it being tough and scratch resistant. Now the company might have some stiff competition as Asahi Glass has introduced the Dragontail. While it might not sound much like glass, you can check out the video after the jump and see that it manages to perform similar to Gorilla Glass, such as resisting jabs while being relatively flexible too. The company claims that it’s been working on the product for a few years now and it expects sales next year to surpass 30 billion yen ($365 million), definitely not a small figure.
- 2013-08-08 BMW i8 Gets Gorilla Glass
- 2013-07-29 Gorilla Glass NBT Protects Touchscreen Laptops
- 2013-06-11 Corning Gorilla Glass Could Be Used In Cars
- 2013-05-08 Corning: Sapphire Phone Screens Weaker Than You Think
- 2013-01-03 Gorilla Glass 3 To Debut At CES 2013