Need any more proof that the NOOKnewsstand by Barnes & Noble is a money maker? Barnes & Noble has just announced that the digital bookstore has exceeded 650,000 total subscriptions and single copy sales since they introduced the NOOKcolor (a full-color reading tablet) 2 months ago. That’s more sales than they were able to achieve during the past 12 months before the tablet was released. Talk about success – especially with competition from the multitude of eBook stores available now, it appears that Barnes & Noble has successfully captured a significant portion of the eBook market. With over 120 top magazine and newspaper brands and more being added to their catalog regularly, the NOOKnewsstand is touted to have something for everyone and yearly subscriptions to monthly magazines costing about $15, it is a price that seems catered to everyone as well. How many of you contributed to the success of the NOOKnewsstand?
[image credit: reviewsofelectronics]
- 'Selfie' Becomes The Word Of The Year For 2013
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Illinois School District Embraces Technology And Plans To Give 7000 iPads
- Microsoft To Officially Launch Surface Pro Tablet On February 8th At Best Buy New York
- Lenovo and NAF launches pilot program to teach app programming in high schools