If you’ve always wanted to create complex designs on your cake, but never had the skills or steady hands to pull off the job, the AutoFrost Cake Decorator was probably designed for you. A group of students from Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering designed and built the handy cake decorator for a class project. All you have to do is draw a design in a Paint-like GUI, press a button and the cake decorating machine will do the rest. This means that you can take your time to create your cake decorations, and even erase them on screen before pushing the button to “print” the design on the cake. Though it’s not available for the public to get their hands on, it’s nice to know that technology is pushing us towards having one of these in our kitchens in the future. Watch a video demonstration of the AutoFrost Cake Decorator after the break.
- 2013-03-04: Second Oreo Separator Machine Allows Cookie, Cream Lovers To Coexist
- 2013-02-27: Man Builds Oreo Separator Machine To Remove Cream Filling
- 2011-10-20: NetSecure Payments Kudos lets everyone have a credit card machine
- 2011-06-26: AutoWed wedding machine eliminates the need for a priest
- 2011-05-31: World's fastest Rubik's cube solving machine does it in a little over 10-seconds