[CES 2011] T-Mobile and Dell have announced the Streak 7, a larger Android Tablet based on NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 system on a chip. We got our hands on the tablet, and we can tell you that the extra 2-inch do make a big difference in terms of perceived size (in a good way). As a percentage of size growth, 2″ out of 5″ is significant. The tablet has a clean design, and the build quality seems high when compared with 7-inch competitors, but not quite as high as the iPad’s.
The back has a textured surface, which should help your tablet stay in your hand instead of bumping in that cold concrete in the parking lot. There’s a very discrete 1.3M webcam in the front and a larger one one in the back (5MP?). Unfortunately, the network here is fairly unreliable, and it’s a demo unit, so I can’t provide you a real sense of what the performance would look like – we’ll have to wait for a real test unit. Right now, it’s not really out of the ordinary. Obviously, the fact that this device is running on T-Mobile’s “4G” network was one of the focal point of today’s announcement. Specifications from Dell in the extended post.
- Android 2.2-based tablet delivers a seamless online experience
- Vibrant 7-inch, multi-touch display with full Adobe Flash 10.1
- 1.3MP front-facing camera for face-to-face chats on popular services, such as Qik or Skype
- Widescreen display optimally designed for mobile Web, video and movies
- Up to 32GB of internal storage, plus Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS built-in
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag
- 2012-01-10: DELL XPS 13 - The Ultimate Ultrabook
- 2011-07-20: Dell Streak 7 runs on Honeycomb unofficially
- 2011-02-06: Dell Streak 7 comes with hidden but non-working phone features?
- 2011-01-17: Dell Streak 7 to be released on February 2?
- 2011-01-06: Dell Streak 10 shown at CES