Less than a day after we brought you a glimmer of hope for Facebook phones to be released into the market, the horse has spoken – Facebook has no intention at the moment to roll out Facebook-branded phones with HTC, and with this announcement, probably breaking the hearts of millions of Facebookers worldwide in the process. Basically, Dan Rose, head of business development at Facebook says, “This is really just another example of a manufacturer who has taken our public APIs (application programing interfaces) and integrated them into their device in an interesting way.” Of course, with the never say never phrase being a constant in this world, who are we to say that Facebook will not be rolling out smartphones that are specially catered for the social networking giant with a different phone manufacturer instead?
Next Story: Button-less HTC phone pictured
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App