BYD as a company did not really perform as well as it preferred in recent times, but that doesn’t mean everything goes downhill from here. The Wall Street Journal reported that a joint design team of BYD and Daimler has finally completed an all-electric battery car which will roll out via a BYD/Daimler ( or “Benz” as they call them in China) joint venture. This rechargeable car is tipped to hit the mass market – albeit limited to private buyers only, in China when the year 2013 rolls around. While the design that you see above is not the final one, we do hope that future revisions will be made since it looks far too low budget for most families, and your kids would probably ask you to park a block away from school so that he/she won’t be caught riding in this.
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2013-12-05: Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- 2013-09-26: DUT 13 Electric Vehicle Breaks 0-60 World Acceleration Record
- 2013-06-25: Drayson Racing Technologies Breaks World Land Speed Record For Electric Cars
- 2013-06-16: DC Fast Charging Coming To Electric Cars Soon