HSPA has clearly evolved by taking a big step today, picking up new HSPA world-first achievements in Stockholm, Sweden as it managed to touch 168Mbps on the downlink and 24Mbps on the uplink using a prototype consumer device and commercial network equipment. These figures are definitely world records in their own right for a device of its class, making them the highest HSPA speeds achieved on commercial network equipment. Apart from that, dual-carrier HSPA with 84Mbps was also demonstrated with the help of commercial network products. This is made possible by utilizing a couple of 5MHz carriers in the connection to the same consumer, allowing one to hit peak speeds of 84Mbps which is basically double the maximum speed which is offered today by the fastest commercial HSPA networks.
- 2014-01-27: Samsung Signs Cross-Licensing Deal With Ericsson
- 2013-04-08: Microsoft Focuses On Xbox With Mediaroom IPTV Sale To Ericsson
- 2012-12-11: T-Mobile rolls out more iPhone-ready networks
- 2012-12-04: Ericsson seeks a US import ban on Samsung products
- 2012-11-27: Ericsson files lawsuit against Samsung in the US citing alleged patent infringement
- 2012-05-11: Ericsson’s Connected Me concept could turn you into a human USB
- 2009-12-21: Ericsson Demos 42Mbps HSPA Network